Seen the film Atonement?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
http://www.anothercyclingforum.com/index.php?topic=40432.0

been done old chap.

I'm not the only one who thought it was complete pants, but Mrs L3 ran aground a little when she dissed it to the Director's best friend. As for tears - only when I think of the ticket price

OP
OP
ChrisW

ChrisW

simon l& and a half said:
http://www.anothercyclingforum.com/index.php?topic=40432.0

been done old chap.

Bleedin' hell, anothereffin'cyclingforum. I'm already signed up to three, anymore and i'll never have time to get out on my bike...

tomb1960

I'm male, didn't cry, but was impressed with how good an adaptation of the book it was, how beautifully filmed it was, should get a best cinematography award IMHO, and also by the fact that Ms Knightly can act!

OP
OP
ChrisW

ChrisW

Kirstie said:
I really enjoyed the book so it's unlikely I'll pay to see the film...but it's a great story. Just love the ending...

Kirstie, I read the book and really liked it...the film does not disapoint!

I'm not going to see it or read the book.

Why? Well, I was going out with a young lady who had a weak sense of personal identity. One day, after we'd been together for about a weekend, she started asking me whether I'd wait for her if we got separated, whether I'd still feel the same way for her if she did something dreadful, and several other unanswerable (from a man's point of view), inappropriate (as we'd been together as I say for a weekend), and downright wierd questions. Needless to say my attempts to say the right thing without providing ammunition for the future and still get my end away provoked several arguments. It was only later when I scanned the flyleaf of Atonement, which she was reading at the time, that I understood where she had got the questions from.

The relationship didn't last, I'm now happily married, and she is single and a potential Tory party candidate for some unwinnable seat.

ChrisKH

Guru
Twenty Inch said:
I'm not going to see it or read the book.

Why? Well, I was going out with a young lady who had a weak sense of personal identity. One day, after we'd been together for about a weekend, she started asking me whether I'd wait for her if we got separated, whether I'd still feel the same way for her if she did something dreadful, and several other unanswerable (from a man's point of view), inappropriate (as we'd been together as I say for a weekend), and downright wierd questions. Needless to say my attempts to say the right thing without providing ammunition for the future and still get my end away provoked several arguments. It was only later when I scanned the flyleaf of Atonement, which she was reading at the time, that I understood where she had got the questions from.

The relationship didn't last, I'm now happily married, and she is single and a potential Tory party candidate for some unwinnable seat.

Her first name's not Laetitia is it?

Am I the only person who thinks Keira (fort)Knightly peaked when she did 'Bend it like Beckham'? I've seen Robots with more expression.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Normally I'd agree Keira's not great, but she was perfect for this role, and very good in it as well. I also thought she was excellent in Pride and Prejudice. I think she's a lot better.

Top Bottom