Self-invented words ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Meanderthals - those who wander off the evolutionary path and into your cycle lane often to be seen pressing the god of phone to their ear in deep prayer
Best ever. I will use that!

a.twiddler

Veteran
Binjury was doing the rounds a good few years ago. It's an injury sustained whilst binge drinking, and derives from Ninjary... an injury sustained during a Ninja attack :ph34r:

Drink Sensibly
Binjury sounds like a good description for straining your back while putting the bins out.
How about Pimpleton -someone who has the dual misfortune to be both thick and spotty?

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Not self-invented (at least, not by me): Disremember. I have only come across it a work of either Beckett or Flann O'Brien, and I can't remember which.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/disremember#note-1

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Cockwomble.
I remember Uncle Bulgaria, Tobermory and Orinoco but I can’t recall the Cockwomble so it must be a made up word!
Cockwomble.PNG

a.twiddler

Veteran
Not my ideas but I like:

Underwhelmed.

Every silver lining has a cloud.

I'll jump off that bridge when I come to it.
If you can be overwhelmed and underwhelmed, does to be whelmed mean that you are just managing OK?
Also, just read on Sheldon Brown about a "mono buttocked solution" which after some thought I realised was a polite way of saying "half ar**d solution".

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My family had this word "briggle"

It seemed to mean trying to get something to work properly by manipulating it, taking bits off it here & there, poking it with a screwdriver or generally "fettling" it.

When I moved Oop North to Bristol from Waterlooville I found that no-one understood what it meant at all !

Top Bottom