Self-timer cycling action selfie challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
You'll have to forgive the narcissism, but...

For those of you with old fashioned cameras (or mobiles that have the option), the challenge is for the best-composed action selfies on 10-second delay. No cheating (getting someone else to take the photo or grabs from videos), or taking silly risks! The hardest ones are the head-on shots, as you have to press the shutter, ride away from the camera, turn around and the come back, all in ten seconds. I use a tiny bendy tripod that fits in a jersey pocket, if I remember it.

It's a game I rather enjoy the technical challenge of... seeing the angle for a good shot, then how few takes to get what you imagined. It's definitely a win when you get it on the first attempt, as I did yesterday :smile:

DSC01236.jpg

Sterlo

Early Retirement Planning
Which part of Devon is that?

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Hmm, shouldn't have started with a good one. Today's isn't bad, but didn't really catch that there's a very large drop the other side of the armco... though that did mean that I had to ride rather carefully... (see note "Don't take risks!")...

DSC01410.jpg

PS - anyone else going to have a go? 🤔 You don't need mountains!! Perhaps I should post some of the ones that haven't worked!! 😂

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
A couple of random ones I've found on my phone from last year. It's a little tricky to find any because I tend to use my Panasonic camera set up on a mini tripod and 10 second delay, rather than my phone.

I often use random objects like fence posts, rocks and hunters stools to balance the tripod on as well.

View attachment 639678

View attachment 639679

View attachment 639680

I like the composition of the first and third ones. Yes, I use random objects too for trying to get a good angle! 😂

OP
OP
briantrumpet

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
Today's best effort, at 1254m, after an 850m ascent. Col de Rousset. I wanted to get the mountain, the tunnel and the col sign in, and the angles worked about right.

dsc01688.jpg

Top Bottom