Selling a bike - advice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maherees

Über Member
Hi all,
I'm going to sell a bike on PinkBike and welcome a little advice in advance.
Do you allow the potential buyer a test ride and if so what security do you require without seeming over cautious or rude?
What's the best way of taking payment other than cash?
Thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Hi all,
I'm going to sell a bike on PinkBike and welcome a little advice in advance.
Do you allow the potential buyer a test ride and if so what security do you require without seeming over cautious or rude?
What's the best way of taking payment other than cash?
Thanks
Just take cash, it's by far the safest way.

I've always allowed a potential buyer to have a test ride, taken the cash first if not sure about them, but I've not had a concern that they'll do a runner...mostly because they've come in car!

Never heard of pink bike till now. Prices don't look that cheap, not that you want them to be!
Most if not all would require a test ride.
First cash only would be what I would go for. Second payment into your bank account via fastpay. Can't take it away till it appears in your account.
The cash
Car keys
passport
Driving licence.
Supply all the information to the buyer in advance so they know the score.
You could be considered rude if you don't.
As an aside the bikes appear to be on there long time.
I would consider ebay. They are always sending me £1 deals.
I would put it on ebay at exorbitant price when it doesn't sell they will probably email you with £1 offer. I set my own buy it now price with no offers, that doesn't stop people making offers though.
Its a one month buy it now, note down when it ends. Remove before or they will just relist at normal final value fees. Or wait for another £1 offer delist and relist. It appears to go on forever. If you message them your phone number ebay will charge the final value fee. So you give the buyer who wants to test ride your bike, your phone number by breaking it up in the message.

Top Bottom