Selling a laptop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
My partner insisted that I wipe mine clean before she would touch it :okay:

Detol and a cheese grater does the job.

Seevio

Guru
Fir information only, my Win10 PC crashed last year and I tried every trick in the book but I just could not restore it again. So I went to these people http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/key-software and bought a full installation disc for £29.99 which installed perfectly and runs well. Worth doing if you have similar problems or have built or bought a clean PC and don't want to pay the full Microsoft price.
If you have to reinstall Windows but don't have the media, you can download the file for free from Microsoft. For Windows 10, if the PC has at any point previously been online, your windows key will be registered with Microsoft. While buying from the grey market saves a fortune for a new build, I'm afraid you will have wasted your money if it was just to restore a terminally damaged installation.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
If you have to reinstall Windows but don't have the media, you can download the file for free from Microsoft. For Windows 10, if the PC has at any point previously been online, your windows key will be registered with Microsoft. While buying from the grey market saves a fortune for a new build, I'm afraid you will have wasted your money if it was just to restore a terminally damaged installation.
That only works if you can get online. My PC would not even do that.

Top Bottom