Selling advice for a Paul Donahue racer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mogg

Hi, wonder if someone can advise me. I want to sell a preloved bike, but not sure how much to eBay it for. It’s still rideable, has the decals but has a few paint chips. I can’t find any similar on eBay to compare it with. Thanks.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Hi, wonder if someone can advise me. I want to sell a preloved bike, but not sure how much to eBay it for. It’s still rideable, has the decals but has a few paint chips. I can’t find any similar on eBay to compare it with. Thanks.
Make a few more posts and then put some pictures up for us to look at please .

You could try the classified section on here .

Where are you based ?

Buck

Guru
What do you think it’s worth? If, for example, I offered you £150 would you be insulted or feel that’s a fair price?

If you think it’s worth x then set a starting bid just below that and see how the interest is. (You can always put a lower starting price with a reserve on it for your minimum acceptable value)

One thing with eBay is if it is collection only that can really affect the price as someone has to be local and/or willing to travel.

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
If this is something you have inherited which may have been sitting for a long while and you're not expert in fixing bikes then be clear in your ad it's a 'fixer upper' and not roadworthy. On the other hand it may be ready to go, which will increase the value. Be clear otherwise you could fall foul of eBay rules.
As stated above you could advertise it on here after a few more posts for free but be aware members are notoriously stingy ^_^
Could be a sought after bike by vintage enthusiasts. :okay: If it's one with Reynolds 853 tubing you could be onto a winner.

Last edited:
If you were going to eBay it, note it's Donohue with 2 Os, and be sure to mention l'Eroica if it's got downtube shifters and non-aero brakes :okay:
Oh, and take decent photos and set it off silly low on a Sunday evening around 8.00pm for 7 days.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
on a Sunday evening around 8.00pm for 7 days.
To catch all the drunk/crapulent bidders :laugh:

Top Bottom