Selling CDs, books, DVDs etc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

Anyone used any of the various scanning apps to get rid of your old media? Or maybe you've had greater success using a more conventional way of selling? I imagine flogging everything on eBay could be time consuming and painful.

We're about to move house and big into decluttering, got hundreds of DVDs and CDs and also a lot of books.

Any thoughts? Charity shops still closed here otherwise I'd have donated there probably.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
mini ck 1 tried various sites like music magpie and TBH it wasnt worth the hassle as they were offering maybe £1 if your lucky for newish stuff and a load of stuff want even accepted

OP
OP
D

dodgy

Must admit, no surprises really that this stuff is considered junk now. I also have a load of vinyl some of it niche if not rare.
Our original plan was to take our DVDs to our usual French alps retreat and leave them there, but not possible for obvious reasons.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
We've used Music Magpie for CD's and Ziffit for books during lockdown. Never make a fortune but it earns my daughter a little extra pocket money.

Sharky

Guru
Anyone used any of the various scanning apps to get rid of your old media? Or maybe you've had greater success using a more conventional way of selling? I imagine flogging everything on eBay could be time consuming and painful.

We're about to move house and big into decluttering, got hundreds of DVDs and CDs and also a lot of books.

Any thoughts? Charity shops still closed here otherwise I'd have donated there probably.
I've mentioned before that my eldest daughter is autistic. She watches certain dvds and CD's continuously. Sometimes breaking or losing them. So we try and collect duplicate copies of her favourites.

So do you have any Disney cartoons, mickey, bugs bunny etc music wise human league, abba, 90's music. Let me know what you have.
Thanks

OP
OP
D

dodgy

I've mentioned before that my eldest daughter is autistic. She watches certain dvds and CD's continuously. Sometimes breaking or losing them. So we try and collect duplicate copies of her favourites.

So do you have any Disney cartoons, mickey, bugs bunny etc music wise human league, abba, 90's music. Let me know what you have.
Thanks
Damn, I’d love to be able to help, but we have no children’s content I’m afraid. But you could easily copy your DVDs and CDs onto either other DVD or CD media, or onto USB or the hard drive of a computer and they would never wear out. Though I appreciate your daughter might find that goes against the grain for her. You will know best.

edit; but we do have 90s music CDs. Blur, oasis, the the, etc.

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
Damn, I’d love to be able to help, but we have no children’s content I’m afraid. But you could easily copy your DVDs and CDs onto either other DVD or CD media, or onto USB or the hard drive of a computer and they would never wear out. Though I appreciate your daughter might find that goes against the grain for her. You will know best.

edit; but we do have 90s music CDs. Blur, oasis, the the, etc.
Thanks for the reply.
I have copied loads of cd's onto the computer and sometimes burn a copy onto a blank cd, but she is non-verbal and she uses the pictures on the cases and discs to select which ones she wants. She cannot operate a player/computer herself, but she can select her cd's from the bookcase.

Thanks again for replying and hope you can get rid of them. I've seen them used as reflectors on garden driveways and posts on some of the dark country lanes down here.

Top Bottom