Selling my bike help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Suddabym

I’m selling my specialized tarmac full carbon road bike but I don’t know how much I should sell for as I’ve never sold a bike before. I have attached some photos if it helps. Can someone please advise me on how much I should sell for as you can tell I’m no expert and have no clue.

Attachments

• D2E508B3-FD44-4AC6-ADE8-CFFE5F0E8031.jpeg
    D2E508B3-FD44-4AC6-ADE8-CFFE5F0E8031.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 4
  • CB8740F2-32EC-454E-9DDA-694BD5338066.jpeg
    CB8740F2-32EC-454E-9DDA-694BD5338066.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 0BEE8C3D-CF2D-451A-9203-2CBDB5CBD784.jpeg
    0BEE8C3D-CF2D-451A-9203-2CBDB5CBD784.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 4
  • B17B5028-108A-442B-9ED7-5CD9C0D69CD2.jpeg
    B17B5028-108A-442B-9ED7-5CD9C0D69CD2.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 4

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Looks like quite an old 2007 S Works frame with a real mixture of parts bolted to it. Bianchi branded cranks, A mismatched Campagnolo group set, looks like it needs some rubber hoods. Nice looking bike but not really a sellers market right now, second hand prices have dropped and the wrong time of year.
I’d suggest a value of £400-£500. Try it at £500 and be prepared for lower offers.

Last edited:
Can I tag on a question to this please?

I've sold 1 bike before for £300 cash on collection - no problem. I've been asked to help sell another which will likely be 3 times that value.

What are peoples suggestion for payment? Is Ebay and Paypal ok for this sort of thing, not doing a bank transfer or anything like that.

@the OP I'm sorry I'm not a Roadie rider so not sure on price, when I sold my last one I put it on a buy it now (Ebay) but accepted offers and eventually (after a couple emails) sold it for slightly lower. Maybe try a buy it now price with offers accepted?

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

Looks like quite an old 2007 S Works frame with a real mixture of parts bolted to it. Bianchi branded cranks, A mismatched Campagnolo group set, looks like it needs some rubber hoods. Nice looking bike but not really a sellers market right now, second hand prices have dropped and the wrong time of year.
I’d suggest a value of £400-£500. Try it at £500 and be prepared for lower offers.

That sounds great as I didn’t pay much for it 😄 thank you

vickster

Legendary Member
Can I tag on a question to this please?

I've sold 1 bike before for £300 cash on collection - no problem. I've been asked to help sell another which will likely be 3 times that value.

What are peoples suggestion for payment? Is Ebay and Paypal ok for this sort of thing, not doing a bank transfer or anything like that.

@the OP I'm sorry I'm not a Roadie rider so not sure on price, when I sold my last one I put it on a buy it now (Ebay) but accepted offers and eventually (after a couple emails) sold it for slightly lower. Maybe try a buy it now price with offers accepted?

Cash on collection, I wouldn't take Paypal as the buyer can claim they never received the bike and get Paypal to refund to your detriment even though you have paid their fees (although I've never had an issue and friends & family could be an option). Otherwise, not sure why you are averse to a bank transfer done at the time of purchase?

Cash on collection, I wouldn't take Paypal as the buyer can claim they never received the bike and get Paypal to refund to your detriment even though you have paid their fees (although I've never had an issue and friends & family could be an option). Otherwise, not sure why you are averse to a bank transfer done at the time of purchase?

Yeah that's my preference but as it will be (hopefully) £1k + thats a large amount for cash. I also thought Ebay/Paypal might have that drawback of the buyer getting a refund in false circumstance.

Bank Transfer is an option to me, but as I am going to be selling the bike on behalf of an elderly relative (who is already suspicious of 'online' banking:blush:) I was hoping to avoid it.

It may end being simpler for me to take the bike, which was their first offer but I said I didn't need another bike right now (it's an electric one and would be perfect for communting, but I don't commute anymore).

vickster

Legendary Member
Yeah that's my preference but as it will be (hopefully) £1k + thats a large amount for cash. I also thought Ebay/Paypal might have that drawback of the buyer getting a refund in false circumstance.

Bank Transfer is an option to me, but as I am going to be selling the bike on behalf of an elderly relative (who is already suspicious of 'online' banking:blush:) I was hoping to avoid it.

It may end being simpler for me to take the bike, which was their first offer but I said I didn't need another bike right now (it's an electric one and would be perfect for communting, but I don't commute anymore).

Get a buyer to pay you and then you transfer across into their account. 1k cash really isn't that much although you would need to pay into a bank

Get a buyer to pay you and then you transfer across into their account. 1k cash really isn't that much although you would need to pay into a bank

I'm probably going to do that, I've got no issues with online banking.

OP
OP
Suddabym

Suddabym

£400-500 sounds very ambitious given the age and it's a Frankenbike...but you never know. Getting back what you paid would probably be a good place to start

The woman who sold it to me just wanted rid of it it was her ex husbands and she was selling his stuff off haha I paid £230 which I thought it was maybe a good price ?

Top Bottom