Selling my Redmount Roller - Now sold.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
I have just bought an Ice Sprint because it easily will fold small enough to fit in my car, so it is time to sell my Redmount Roller.
The Redmount Roller Recumbent Trikes were hand made to order by the late Mike Allen. Crafted from aluminium, rider comfort was a priority - mine even has arm rests!
It is a 20/20 configuration and has a built in carrier which is perfect for touring.
Gears are a rare combination of 9 speed cassette paired with a 3 speed hub (Sram Duohub) giving a wide ranging 27 gears.
You can put a double chain ring on the front to give 54 gears but would have to manually lift it over.
The trike is approximately 20 years old so does have some paint blemishes that could do with touching up, but she is mechanically sound and still looks tidy.
I run the Roller with a short crank but can happily provide and fit an alternative longer chainset if preferred - in fact I will happily help set up the Roller to the new owner's needs, including lengthening the chain if the new owner has significantly longer legs than me.
I am based in Watton, Norfolk (about 20 miles from Norwich)
I am looking for circa £600 - but she is taking up space that I don't really have.......
If you want to know anything more - just message me

20180330_100543.jpg

Last edited:

PaulM

Guru
Bargain I'd say. Always wanted one but I have just bought a new AZUB.

Fatgeriatric

I have just bought an Ice Sprint because it easily will fold small enough to fit in my car, so it is time to sell my Redmount Roller.
The Redmount Roller Recumbent Trikes were hand made to order by the late Mike Allen. Crafted from aluminium, rider comfort was a priority - mine even has arm rests!
It is a 20/20 configuration and has a built in carrier which is perfect for touring.
Gears are a rare combination of 9 speed cassette paired with a 3 speed hub (Sram Duohub) giving a wide ranging 27 gears.
You can put a double chain ring on the front to give 54 gears but would have to manually lift it over.
The trike is approximately 20 years old so does have some paint blemishes that could do with touching up, but she is mechanically sound and still looks tidy.
I run the Roller with a short crank but can happily provide and fit an alternative longer chainset if preferred - in fact I will happily help set up the Roller to the new owner's needs, including lengthening the chain if the new owner has significantly longer legs than me.
I am based in Watton, Norfolk (about 20 miles from Norwich)
I am looking for circa £600 - but she is taking up space that I don't really have.......
If you want to know anything more - just message me

View attachment 507576
Hi do you have the Redmount still,? I am thinking of one ,they appear to be very well equipped. Is the turning circle really an issue ,i.e greater than say a Gekko or KMX KOBRA this will be a first trike (pedal power)

OP
OP
mrandmrspoves

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Hi FG - yes still for sale.
Not that I have been trying too hard - in fact I left the ICE at home last Saturday and did 100 miles on her. Turning circle is not an issue in every day use but if you want to do a U turn in a narrow road you might need to unclip and reverse. The RR is a very comfortable ride and surprisingly light considering how well built it is - (all aluminium frame)
If you want to know anything more - just send me a message.

OP
OP
mrandmrspoves

mrandmrspoves

Middle aged bald git.
Now sold ☹

Top Bottom