Selling unwanted tickets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Going to an event in Manchester tonight. Friends can't make it as one is ill. They're happy to just forgo but this leaves two spare tickets.

I'll try ticketmaster where I bought them but I guess they won't help so I'm looking at a fast resale to recover some of the cash for them.

Any recommendations?

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
When I was looking for tickets on Ticketmaster they kept telling me there were no tickets but directing me to their "marketplace" where they were being sold second-hand at about twice the price. Clearly bought by people who simply wanted to make a profit.

So you may be able to sell through Ticketmaster though maybe not at such short notice.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Stub hub is a legit resale website. If they are Etickets then the purchase can print them straight off.

Or tout them, or flog them to a tout outside if it's a really popular sold out event, but stub hub is likely to be safest and best return.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Touting is a specific offence outside a football match, mostly to preserve crowd segregation.

But assuming your event is not a football match, there's nothing to stop you selling the tickets outside the venue.

There's a slight risk you will occur official displeasure if your sales patter draws a crowd, because that could leave you open to an accusation of causing an obstruction.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Stub hub is a legit resale website. If they are Etickets then the purchase can print them straight off.

Or tout them, or flog them to a tout outside if it's a really popular sold out event, but stub hub is likely to be safest and best return.

It's the Craig Charles Funk & Soul Club and it appears to be sold out so maybe my best option is to see if there are any touts around

Happy to give any partying CCers first refusal of course :becool:

Top Bottom