Semi-single speed conversion?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
When we were in Tunisia a few years ago, there were a lot of cheap mountain bikes around which had simply had front + rear mech removed and the chain wrapped round the cassette cog / chainset cog that suited the rider - ! :bicycle: Not many hills in Tunisia - !:rofl:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
When we were in Tunisia a few years ago, there were a lot of cheap mountain bikes around which had simply had front + rear mech removed and the chain wrapped round the cassette cog / chainset cog that suited the rider - ! :bicycle: Not many hills in Tunisia - !:rofl:

Kinda like a Dingle-Speed - but with more cogs :becool:

OP
OP
StrontiumCat

StrontiumCat

I was cheered by the words of one of the guys at the lbs who said "Clunkers are more fun." Another shop near me had pointed out that if I did anything to the bike I'd still be stuck with a crap bike only it would have less gears. Got the impression they'd rather be flogging someone a pinarello than helping me dick about with my firefly, which I can understand. :smile:

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
I was cheered by the words of one of the guys at the lbs who said "Clunkers are more fun." Another shop near me had pointed out that if I did anything to the bike I'd still be stuck with a crap bike only it would have less gears. Got the impression they'd rather be flogging someone a pinarello than helping me dick about with my firefly, which I can understand. :smile:

Do what you want. As long as you aren't throwing stupid amounts of money at it (says the man with £600 worth of parts on a scratchy old 2005 £20 frame).

You are having fun and learning something of interest to you at the same time.

Clunkers ARE more fun BTW.

Top Bottom