Semi slick hybrid tyre recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Schneil

Veteran
I have a Scott Sportster P5 2010 model. The tyre size is 700x37
I upgraded the tyres to Coninental travel contacts as they had puncture protection. After a year and 2000ish miles they are looking a bit worn, I had a nasty puncture on Thursday and I can see inner tube poking out of the tyre. The sidewalls are also cracked

What tyre would you recommend I get? Should I get more of the same or try a different tyre?
I need puncture protection as it's a commuter.
Suitable for rough road and light off road use (eg trails), but still fast on road.

thanks

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I have a Scott Sportster P5 2010 model. The tyre size is 700x37
I upgraded the tyres to Coninental travel contacts as they had puncture protection. After a year and 2000ish miles they are looking a bit worn, I had a nasty puncture on Thursday and I can see inner tube poking out of the tyre. The sidewalls are also cracked

What tyre would you recommend I get? Should I get more of the same or try a different tyre?
I need puncture protection as it's a commuter.
Suitable for rough road and light off road use (eg trails), but still fast on road.

thanks

Would something like this be OK ?

OP
OP
S

Schneil

Veteran
Would something like this be OK ?

Hi Angelfish

Sorry I had to wuss out. Just been out on the bike and bosh, the tyre went again. I walked it to the LBS who confirmed the tyre was past it (cracks and holes). As I haven't got a decent spare they've ordered me up the same. Bit dearer than the Michalins (£25 ea), but desperate times n that.

thanks anyway

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
Hi Angelfish

Sorry I had to wuss out. Just been out on the bike and bosh, the tyre went again. I walked it to the LBS who confirmed the tyre was past it (cracks and holes). As I haven't got a decent spare they've ordered me up the same. Bit dearer than the Michalins (£25 ea), but desperate times n that.

thanks anyway

Nothing to do with wussing out mate. When do they expect to get them in?

Top Bottom