Seperate adence monitor?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Anyone know of one available? I don't have one on my computer and don't really want to change it for one that does.

As it only has to count revs/min I asssumed they'd be available and cheap but I can't seem to find one and I really struggle to measure cadence manually whilst riding for some reason.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Panter, there's a hack for making one out of a cheap bike computer here (if you picked up one of the Lidl £5 ones, for example).

I'd be tempted to pick up a Sigma BC1606 though - mine was only £15, and it's great.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Fantastic, thanks John. :blush:

I may have a dabble with the DIY one, but being a lazy bugger I may just go for the Sigma.

I must admit I do like my current computer though, its only a Halfords one and its very basic (which I like.) I actually prefer it to the overcomplex cateye one on my MTB which, if I'm honest, I still don't know how to operate properly :thumbsdown:

Nick1979

I used Cateye Strada on my old bike and liked it so much I bought a Strada Cadence for my road bike.
It's very simple and looks gorgeous. The characters used for the speed are huge which is good, you have little pace arrows, and best of all, there is no button to press, you just press the whole computer to switch between functions!
The only drawback (for me) is that it lacks a separate stopwatch (and laps, etc... if you want to time yourself on specific parts of your ride). So I'm now thinking of getting a Cateye V3 to replace it.

Top Bottom