serious budget dilemma,

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
I have bought some of my best stuff from LBS's when they have sales on. OK so it is pot luck on what is available, but you can pick up real bargains (even if you have to wait 6 months to use it, i.e. bibbed longs bought in spring). This way you get top quality at a reasonable price, whereas often buy cheep and end up having to buy twice...

Halfords often stock decent stuff, but they're so poor at merchandising and basic retailing detail that it never sells and ends up in a clearance bin.

I've just got a pair of Ron Hill Bikesters from them for £3.00. Fashionable I ain't but will be toasty come winter.

OP
OP
JohnRedcoRn

JohnRedcoRn

to save money i'm thinking of getting some of those long bottoms (the tight ones like people jog in) and wearing them over the inner padded briefs from my baggies, rather than rather expensive cycle specific longs.

also a short sleeve jersey + arm warmers, so i'll get use of the short sleeve top for more of the year.

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Aye Ron Hill Bikesters are a good way to start, but there will come a time when bibbed longs will start to appeal, if you can find a pair that fit in a sale they are worth it...

Top Bottom