Seriously tempted...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I am seriously tempted to sell my lovely Charge Plug.

I haven't properly ridden it in months, since I got a cyclocross bike in January. I used to absolutely love riding it, but when ever I think of using it instead of the CX I end up thinking of ways in which it is harder work, less practical and generally more sweat inducing.

I worry that if I sell it I'll regret it or fritter the money away, but on the other hand it'll just sit in my shed reminding me of how inadequate I am in not being willing to ride it!!

What should I do?!! Besides MTFU, I mean :dry:

Exactly that, MTFU :tongue:

Seriously though, I sold my Langster Steel a while ago, and then regretted it every day until I bought my Fuji Feather a few weeks ago.

Unless you really need the money I'd hang onto it.

Charge Plug?

Charge Schmlug!

Never ridden one, myself, but I've wiped a few off the sole of my shoe....

Well, really! Off-the-shelf, fashion-victim piece of overpriced doggie-doo. Why keep one of those?

Sell it? Nah... Give it away. If anyone'll even have it.... Pah!

(That was a clever piece of reverse psychology to make you develop a bond with your fixie and thus keep it. Let me know if it worked).

OP
OP
wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
It is a 56". It probably was over-priced. I am a know-it-all. But I am also a real man. Not in a calloused-handed, chop-down-trees-like-it-ain't-no-thing, how-way-the-lads, birds-motors-footy kind of way, but I am a male, and I exist.

Anyway, I just ordered a replacement left crank arm, so will try and be as a manly as you can be on a "fixie" and ride it like it's a first, drunken date.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
[QUOTE 2032118, member: 45"]Sell it. Charge bikes are for Sunday Times know-alls and fashion victims.[/quote]

Charge Plug?

Well, really! Off-the-shelf, fashion-victim piece of overpriced doggie-doo. Why keep one of those?
You can both go suck my cog. My Charge Plug (bought half-price in a wiggle sale) riding cog.;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
I haven't properly ridden it in months, since I got a cyclocross bike in January. I used to absolutely love riding it, but when ever I think of using it instead of the CX I end up thinking of ways in which it is harder work, less practical and generally more sweat inducing.
Ride your lovely CX-er on a commute every day from now until Easter and see if you think the Plug is still harder work and less practical after you've thrown a winter at the CX's drive train and brakes.

OP
OP
wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard

Über Member
Fair point. Ish.

I did a 65 miler on icy roads with ice tyres earlier this year on the CX, which it and I handled fairly well, whereas the Charge was a nightmare on ice, especially with 19c tyres (!). However, the Charge has, as the French say a certain I-don't-know-what about it. I think all the gears and such have played a (small) part in me putting some weight on too if I'm being honest (it has nothing to do with pizzas at all).

Oh, what a kerfuffle. Maybe I'm being a wuss about the whole thing. I know it took me a while to get totally comfortable on the Charge when I got it, but I had no other bike, so had no choice, and I am really slow at getting used to different bikes, so I know it will be a chore again.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Fair point. Ish.

I did a 65 miler on icy roads with ice tyres earlier this year on the CX, which it and I handled fairly well, whereas the Charge was a nightmare on ice, especially with 19c tyres (!). However, the Charge has, as the French say a certain I-don't-know-what about it. I think all the gears and such have played a (small) part in me putting some weight on too if I'm being honest (it has nothing to do with pizzas at all).

Oh, what a kerfuffle. Maybe I'm being a wuss about the whole thing. I know it took me a while to get totally comfortable on the Charge when I got it, but I had no other bike, so had no choice, and I am really slow at getting used to different bikes, so I know it will be a chore again.
Hmmm..... perhaps not the best choice of rubber for an icy ride. I run 23's normally in summer, 28's in winter but switch to ice tyres when necessary.

Top Bottom