Servicing Fiat Qubo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ren531

Über Member
I am thinking of servicing my 2013 Fiat Qubo 1.3lt diesel but researching on line resetting the service light seems to require diagnostic software and failure to do so can confuse the ECU and cause it to think the dpf is blocked , am I just better taking it to a garage because computer stuff is not my thing .
I am well used to servicing cars but not done so for about 7 year's also used to service my own hgv when I was an owner driver but things change and would rather take it to the local garage than make a mess of it by not being able to reset the service light , anyone able to offer any advice please.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thought about investing in a decent ODBC reader (the stand alone units with a screen). Blooming god send they are.

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
Thought about investing in a decent ODBC reader (the stand alone units with a screen). Blooming god send they are.
Unfortunately I don't know what a ODBC reader is and always sort of put off by the tec side of modern cars I'm great with spanners and socket's but not with Tec stuff .

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Unfortunately I don't know what a ODBC reader is and always sort of put off by the tec side of modern cars I'm great with spanners and socket's but not with Tec stuff .
That's what I linked. They are very logical to use. If you use a smartphone I'm sure you could figure them out. Plenty of videos on YouTube. You need one which can reset the service light on your model so check if one you're interested in does that

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member
That's what I linked. They are very logical to use. If you use a smartphone I'm sure you could figure them out. Plenty of videos on YouTube. You need one which can reset the service light on your model so check if one you're interested in does that

Ok thanks I will have a look on YouTube.

Jameshow

Veteran
I went to change oil on my transit but could find a store that would sell me a filter ?

Mines different from the listed one but no one had the right one really or couldn't sell me one that was off spec!😭

CXRAndy

Guru
I am thinking of servicing my 2013 Fiat Qubo 1.3lt diesel but researching on line resetting the service light seems to require diagnostic software and failure to do so can confuse the ECU and cause it to think the dpf is blocked , am I just better taking it to a garage because computer stuff is not my thing .
I am well used to servicing cars but not done so for about 7 year's also used to service my own hgv when I was an owner driver but things change and would rather take it to the local garage than make a mess of it by not being able to reset the service light , anyone able to offer any advice please.

Invest in a decent diagnostic scanner. Reset service lights and the whole nine yards of diagnostic features. For a few hundred quid you have professional level scanner.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Invest in a decent diagnostic scanner. Reset service lights and the whole nine yards of diagnostic features. For a few hundred quid you have professional level scanner.
Yeah but does @ren531 need a professional level scanner? Or indeed do any of us?

CXRAndy

Guru
Yes this is the very post I found that made me question if doing my own servicing is worthwhile , sounds like a bit of a minefield to someone like me.

If you're planning on keeping the vehicle for a long time, presumably due to you want to service it.

Main dealer charge out times are easily in excess of £100 per hour. That rate applies to changing oil or fitting brake pads type jobs.

A few relatively simple jobs most DIYer could achieve to the same standard as the dealer.

Money saved could go into a piece of test/diagnostic equipment as a valuable tool for maintaining your vehicle. It's only like investment in a decent socket set

Jameshow

Veteran
If you're planning on keeping the vehicle for a long time, presumably due to you want to service it.

Main dealer charge out times are easily in excess of £100 per hour. That rate applies to changing oil or fitting brake pads type jobs.

A few relatively simple jobs most DIYer could achieve to the same standard as the dealer.

Money saved could go into a piece of test/diagnostic equipment as a valuable tool for maintaining your vehicle. It's only like investment in a decent socket set

What would you recommend?

Autotec?

Topdon

Foxwell?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15432874...tixoXeJTeO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

OP
OP
ren531

ren531

Über Member

We will be keeping it for a while hopefully, I do enjoy the simple servicing side of this but put off by the technical aspect as it feels like I'm messing around with something I'm not competent enough to do , give me an old school 11lt TL11 Leyland engine no problem did it hundreds of times.

CXRAndy

Guru

I watch a fair few YT mechanics and the brands which are commonly used by them are
Autel, Launch or Topdon.

I have the Autel Maxidas DS808TS- it was on special offer at the time, it came with tpms programming.

Try and get one that has 2yr free updates, they update costs are quite expensive after the free period. The device will continue to work fine, but no new features of diagnostics or new vehicles will be added.

Also check you can easily back up your data in case a device crashing. After the warranty if you have a crash and cant load the data back it will cost you a subscription for the year.

It is a bit of a minefield with so many models to choose from with various features. Get the one with the features you will expect to use for your current vehicle/s

Top Bottom