Setting up cycle to work...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The doomed

Über Member
Just joined a new (small) company and they are quite keen on setting up a C2W scheme; as financially efficient as possible.

Where am I best to start? Google? Or have these questions been asked an answered on here time and time again? Would prefer to avoid pay commission to a middle man paperwork etc.

Any help most appreciated!

Stu Smith

Veteran
Just joined a new (small) company and they are quite keen on setting up a C2W scheme; as financially efficient as possible.

Where am I best to start? Google? Or have these questions been asked an answered on here time and time again? Would prefer to avoid pay commission to a middle man paperwork etc.

Any help most appreciated!
Good luck, nice to see the small company you have joined are switched on.. I asked the company I work for and they are not interested.
This is a Big International logistics company who promote there carbon foot print..
They have said that there would be so many employees that would probably take this up, it would cost them money in the admin costs ie wages for the person dealing with it, so they would not entertain it..

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Google "Cycle to Work Scheme Implementation Guidance" It is a document from the Department of Transport - everything your employer will need to know is in that

boydj

Legendary Member
It's better all round not to use a middle man like Cyclescheme. They take a cut from the supplier and then own the bike after the initial year and kindly let you rent it for another 7% of the initial price for the next three years before they let you take ownership. So you can't get a deal on the initial price, and it's four years before you actually own the bike, having paid 117% of the full price (albeit having saved on tax and Nat Ins).

There's no more paperwork involved for the company if they simply issue vouchers or write cheques to the supplier. This gives employees more freedom on where they buy and the price they pay. The employer is then able to be more flexible at the end of the initial year.

Top Bottom