Setting up drops for off-road

Discussion in 'Cyclocross (CX), Duathlon and Triathlon' started by Bodhbh, 2 Aug 2012.

1. Bodhbh

Bodhbh Veteran

At the risk of sounding all the gear no idea. I have never ridden or setup a dropbar bike before but am close to finishing the build on one. Basically, I only have room at home for one bike right now so I'm building up a Peregrine frame I had kicking around as a 'do everything' steed (commuter/tourer/off-road), and I do hope to be able to ride it most places I can take my 26" hardtail if I stick some fat tyres on it (frame takes up to 2").

My question is first, would I be looking at the drops or hoods as the default postion? I guess the hoods will go pretty much level with the saddle heightwise and above the front hub? Any other black art about the setting up the bars or it's just a case of suck it and see a bit? The drops are nitto randonneur drops and will be using STIs for what it's worth.

2. the default position is 'whatever you are most comfortable with' - it applies to all the questions you are asking there...

3. OP
    OP
    Bodhbh

Bodhbh Veteran

You are right, I am probably over-thinking and should just set them up and see how it feels.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice