Seville to Almeria - May 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rugby bloke

Veteran
Just signed up for our company bike ride, this year we will be riding from Seville to Almeria - 443 miles in 5 days. I know its not true Touring as its fully supported and we are put up in nice hotels each night.
However I love the event - a chance to take 5 days out of life and just cycle in completely different environment is fantastic. Plus the daily distance and climbing is enough of a challenge for me.

Last year we were in Northern Spain and had a week of rain. By heading South this year we are hoping for kinder weather.

That sounds fabulous and surely the weather *ought* to be perfect in May?

Is it an official company-organised thing @rugby bloke , or just a group of like-minded workmates? Sounds like a very enlightened place to work either way. It was just about all I could manage to set up a C2W scheme and persuade a team to do London-Southend a few years ago, which then filtered down to London-Paris < 24-hour the following year, then petred out altogether!

OP
OP
rugby bloke

rugby bloke

Veteran
It is is a company organised event, in fact this is the 10th year it has been run. It started out as a ride between 2 of our European offices and has developed from there. I am very lucky as there is all the support you need on the ride, its just a matter if turning up and riding. There is a big pro cycling culture at the company, so I consider myself lucky.

Top Bottom