1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sex Pistols...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Noodley, 19 Jun 2008.

1. Noodley

Noodley Guest

...as much as Lydon is a complete tit:

they were good!

2. Night Train

Night Train Guest

Yes and no, depends on your definition of good and also how old you were at the time and if you wore a tartan miniskirt and dyed your hair blue.

3. OP
    OP
    Noodley

Noodley Guest

well, did you?

4. Night Train

Night Train Guest

I didn't have any 'body art' but, when I met my wife (now ex), she was a bit annoyed that I had more make up then she did. I thoroughly enjoyed both the punk and the new romantic eras. I even had a band.

5. Night Train

Night Train Guest

Didn't answer your original question.
    I didn't dye my hair blue, I had two rather lovely teenage girls do it for me.

6. Hmmmm. They're not as good as they once were, are they?:eek:

7. OP
    OP
    Noodley

Noodley Guest

I don't know 'cos I can't get youtube. My computer is broken...

8. Night Train

Night Train Guest

Gave up on that vid and went for the 1976 vid instead.:smile:

9. Good move. Much better.

10. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Strange one the pistols... hugely underrated, if you ask me. Think they became a bit novelty.

Even though they were the best all round punk band, I can't imagine anyone sitting down and sticking an album on, like they would with the clash or damned.

11. Jaded

Jaded New Member

Hmmm.

I was never into the Bay City Rollers, so I wouldn't know about that.

12. Night Train

Night Train Guest

My mini was in black and studded with spikes, went better with the blue hair.:eek:

13. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I more or less 'missed' the punk era, unfortunately, as I was too busy poncing around to Genesis, Pink Floyd, Supertramp, Yes etc. :biggrin:

One day I'll sit down with youtube and re-live' the punk era. Might even put a safety-pin through my lip for the extra authenticity. B)

14. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

They were really good for one album and then they became a vacuous caricature of themselves unfortunately. Sid Vicious was a knobhead who couldn't play the bass at all and whose only value was to sneer at the camera and look cool - they should never have kicked Glen Matlock out. Shame.

15. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Vastly overrated in a musical sense but would we have had Punk without them? I quite like Lydon and he is growing old sort of disgracefully, thought he was funny at awards ceremony the other day.