sh*t week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sheva

got my new (new to me, second hand ) road bike last week. really lightweight, fast and easy to ride. took it out for first time, did a nice quick eight-miler, superb.
second ride, fell off avoiding a broken bottle, feet got stuck in straps on pedals, plenty of road rash. a mile or so later , some pissed up twat in the back of a taxi gives me a shove, managed to stay upright (don`t know how).
Gets home today, house robbed, rode off carrying all sorts of stuff on my new bike.
best bike I`ve ever had, gone in eight bloody days. going to do the local car boots this weekend see if anything turns up.

buggi

Bird Saviour
What the hell did you do previously to get bad karma like that?

Noodley

sheva said:
got my new (new to me, second hand ) road bike last week. really lightweight, fast and easy to ride. took it out for first time, did a nice quick eight-miler, superb.
second ride, fell off avoiding a broken bottle, feet got stuck in straps on pedals, plenty of road rash. a mile or so later , some pissed up twat in the back of a taxi gives me a shove, managed to stay upright (don`t know how).
Gets home today, house robbed, rode off carrying all sorts of stuff on my new bike.
best bike I`ve ever had, gone in eight bloody days. going to do the local car boots this weekend see if anything turns up.

On balance not too bad a week tho, eh?

New bike.
Bit of a ride.
Fell off in comedy manner.
You demonstrated great bike skills.
Eight days - more than a week.
And a day out in the fresh air this weekend.

;)

OP
OP
S

sheva

Noodley said:
On balance not too bad a week tho, eh?

New bike.
Bit of a ride.
Fell off in comedy manner.
You demonstrated great bike skills.
Eight days - more than a week.
And a day out in the fresh air this weekend.

;)

luckily there were no witnesses to that bit.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Sorry to hear of your misfortune Sheva.
In my experience these things tend to happen in runs of 3, so if you add the spill, the idiot in the taxi and the robbery you should be clear of trouble for a while yet.;)

Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
S

sheva

forgot to mention they took my MTB as well as my road bike, so I`m currently bikeless. :-(

Top Bottom