Shades aren't cool (FIXED)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Shaun,

Is there any way to change the default shortcuts for smileys? I ask because I'm seeing quite a lot of this sort of thing in P&L:

a) Serious point about difficult subject
B) Even more serious point about difficult subject

Personally I'd be delighted to see the wretched things switched off entirely, but that's not a common point of view...

Dan B

Disengaged member
Personally I'd be delighted to see the wretched things switched off entirely
I believe that happened once in another cycling forum ... as you surmise, it was not a popular decision

Shaun

Founder
Sorry, no, there is no method (currently) for removing smilies from posts on an individual basis.

If the option is ever added, I'll let everyone know.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Could we just lose that smiley altogther? There's still the cool one (:becool:) which is the same.

It's annoying me a bit, I must say...

Shaun

Founder
To get rid of any smiley requires removal of the BBcode from the posts database, and if we're replacing instances of it with a different one, the replacement code inserting.

Not a small undertaking with 1.3 million posts ... :smile:

I'll review the current list and see about removing duplicates, but it'll be a while before I get to it.

Cheers,

Arch

Married to Night Train
Need we replace all the instances of it?

Also, the problem one ( B) ) is the newer one, that came with the new forum - so it won't go back far.

I don't think it's used all that often - well not on purpose....

Shaun

Founder
Ah, the penny has just dropped ... I couldn't get the gist of it when browsing on the mobile skin.

Alphabet bullets are being fudged by the b ) smiley shortcut.

I've changed that particular one from b) to :be cool: <- minus the space, so it shouldn't have a negative effect on bullet lists now.

Cheers,

Shaun

Founder
Just to double-check:

a) We need more smilies
b) But not with shortcuts for common items we put in posts
c) And certainly no more "cool" ones ... lol

Cheers,

Arch

Married to Night Train
Brilliant! Cheers Shaun!

Now, is there way to sort the issue about needing a space in front of smilies, otherwise you only get the code thus;)

I'm just about remembering to bung a space in, but I notice a lot of people are not...

Shaun

Founder
No, not at the moment. Me and a few other forum owners have petitioned the developers to make it work regardless of the space so we'll see what happens.

Top Bottom