Shades baby..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tedx

What type of sunglasses do you all use when riding?

I'm looking to get a new pair

Thanks guys

Specialized Adaptalite - I wear them through the night too!

hubbike

I've always worn cheapo sunnies. My friend told me that if they don't cost at least £100 quid they damage your eyes. I don't believe this, but it got me thinking about whether I'd ever heard of anyone going blind or damaging thier eyes by wearing crap sunglasses. And then I realised that all the blind people I can think of (stevie wonder, ray charles etc) ALL wear cheap sunglasses. coincidence?

Also on the subject of the blind. Another mate is thinking of setting up a charity called 'Blind Dogs for the Guides'. Not sure what the point would be though.

yenrod

Cheap but very cheerfull ! - I use them.

prod_thu_1467.jpg

TED x- You could search this item thread title and get quite a few variants...to choose from !

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I used to wear my bog standard ones with the lenses in until I lost them recently, now I just use my new foxy ones I got for skiing. I don't worry about specific cycling glasses.

Apparently, as long as they screen out UV 400 or something, cheapie ones do just as good a job as expensive ones...without the risk of breaking, falling, scratching etc.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
i use Oakley M-frames. They are pretty cost effective. I paid £100 for them in 1995 or something, so just a few quid a ear so far. Oakley have replaced the frame for free when the hinge broke, standard practice, excellent service.

The optics are perfect, a cheap pair of sunnies I have give me headaches and distort at the edge of the field of view

Plus the Oakleys look damn cool

gavintc

Guru
I use Oakleys as well - birthday treat a few years ago. I use them when it is very bright. Although I have clear lenses for them, I find that I do not wear them during winter. I also sweat like a pig when cycling and hate the streams of water you get down the lens. So, if I am out with the club or know I will not be stopping, I tend not to wear them as I hate not being able to see.

Top Bottom