Shakespeare 100 - Stratford-upon-Avon - 12 Sept 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
Lots of entries coming in for this 100 mile or 100 km event - looks like we'll have to limit on-the-day entries again this year - enter soon at www.shakespeare100.org.uk and enhance your summer riding experience with one of our event jerseys - all the money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm not sure whether I can make it this year, but I enjoyed last year's event and would recommend it to anybody who fancies a good ride in that area!

My 2009 event report.

jimboalee

Lots of entries coming in for this 100 mile or 100 km event - looks like we'll have to limit on-the-day entries again this year - enter soon at www.shakespeare100.org.uk and enhance your summer riding experience with one of our event jerseys - all the money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support

Sorry. That is the weekend of the "Finals" FIA Drag racing championship at Santa Pod. Can't miss that.

BTW, there is a 50 miler charity ride tomorrow starting at the Pump Rooms in R Leamington Spa. 10:00 gathering for a 10:30 Start.

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
Quick heads up - the 100 mile version is filling fast (we have a limit on entries) - enter now to avoid disappointment!

... and we also expect to have to close entries for the 100 km ride before the day - watch the website for details.

Rob

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
With four weeks to go there are only a few places left for the 100 mile version, more for the 100km but filling fast.

If you want to ride, enter now - I'm certain that there'll be no entering on the day (and you save money entering in advance)

The routes have been finalised and will be on the website at www.shakespeare100.org.uk during w/c 23 August as .gpx files and route sheets.

Event jerseys are almost sold out too, only about 15 left.

Rob

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
What sort of grades are the steeper hills ? .Just wondering whether to put my compact back on for it .
Cheers
The worst climb averaged 9.5% for 2km, but it was mostly more like 7.5-8.0% with a short steeper bit in the middle. I think that was maybe a couple of hundred metres at 15-20%. Apart from that one section, I'd say that you wouldn't need the compact chainset. 

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
As at this moment there are only 8 places left on the 100 miler ... be quick if you want to ride

Rob

Top Bottom