Shane Warne and Rod Marsh both dead!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
Sad news, two greats of the game gone.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Best one ever:

Glenn McGrath: Why are you so fat?
Eddo Brandes: Because every time I f*** your wife she gives me a biscuit.
Raise you:

Mark Waugh standing at second slip, Adam Parore played & missed the first ball. Mark – “Ohh, I remember you from a couple years ago in Australia. You were shoot then, you’re ••••••• useless now”. Parore- (Turning around) “Yeah, that’s me & when I was there you were going out with that old, ugly slut & now I hear you’ve married her. You dumb ••••”.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Test cricket is the most brutal game ever. The mind games between fielding captain and the two batsmen in the middle is all consuming. There is no hiding place, even more so with HD television and Hawkeye. Remember that first ball by Steve Harmison in Australia, I don't think he ever recovered from that.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL_MN13h7EA

Some of Warne's balls were nearly as wide as that, yet still somehow hit the wicket

Best one ever:

Glenn McGrath: Why are you so fat?
Eddo Brandes: Because every time I f*** your wife she gives me a biscuit.
Two more;
Greg Thomas bowling to Viv who played and missed. Thomas said ’it’s red and it’s round, you’re meant to hit it.’
Next ball Viv smashes it out the ground and says ’you know what it look like, you go and find it.’ :laugh:

and

The Ashes in Australia, Craig White (English-born, Australian-raised) comes out to bat and takes his mark. Warney at slip says ’hey mate, you got a piece of $hit on the end of your bat.’ White lifts his bat up and looks at the toe and Warney says ’nah, not that end, mate, the other end.’ :laugh:

❤️❤️

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Australia are having a full state funeral!
That’s some honour.
I don’t think he received any other formal honours in his lifetime which makes the OBE, MBE, and knighthoods look very silly as they are handed out to so many English players.

I don't know much about cricket, so what is a 'cricketing mind'?
During Warnie's era, the Australian captains and the bowlers would look towards Warne when a new batsman arrives at the crease. They are looking for the famous nod in regard to placement of fielders. After the first over, the bowler would also look at Warne to see if they are doing it right.

Warne though a spinner has an excellent cricketing brain on how some batsman would play shots. So it was not all spinning or bowling. He sent one South African Batsman into therapy and one English Captain into a spin. Steve Waugh and Rick Ponting are not shamed to walk to Warnie to seek advice in the middle of a game.

When it time for Warne to bowl, watch how he orchestrates the field with his arms. Sometimes I think he does it deliberately to screw the mind of the batsman.

His ever flowing antics and numerous scandals however did not allow the Captaincy and his Vice Captaincy taken away.

I had a mate who played first class cricket and was in same club at Warne who joined at age 19. He told me that from the word go, everyone was stumped by his assessment including the vets.

Shane telling Australian Captain Ponting.
1646477420072.png

Last edited:
Test cricket is the most brutal game ever. The mind games between fielding captain and the two batsmen in the middle is all consuming. There is no hiding place, even more so with HD television and Hawkeye. Remember that first ball by Steve Harmison in Australia, I don't think he ever recovered from that.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL_MN13h7EA

Agree. Harmison, then Trott. The only team that could handle the Australian sledge are the South Africans. Even Cullinan cracked. Ramnaresh Sarwan of West Indies is probably the only one who could handle sledging by Mcgrath. The Indians famously collapsed during that era because of the sledges.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Sad news indeed! I heard about it at 2.15 this aft' I was intending to be the first to post about it on CC, but couldn't think of a suitable thread title. When someone famous passes away it's always difficult to think of a respectful thread title. 🤔
This is what I've long suspected and is the reason we frequently end up with two or more RIP threads about the same person. People so want to be the first to post that they don't bother checking the forum to see if anyone else has started a thread. I find it ghoulish and rather disrespectful, to be frank.

Anyway, here's Warne to teach us some of his tricks.

View: https://youtu.be/AyHX7GsrMlo

“Yeah, that’s me & when I was there you were going out with that old, ugly slut & now I hear you’ve married her. You dumb ••••”.
She wasn’t old and she wasn’t ugly.
How do I know? She was the mother of an Aussie team mate of mine who played at my club in 1993 and she spent that summer based in Essex, my home county, and met her several times when she came to watch her son play. But yes, she was a ’bit older’ than Mark Waugh.

Another comment by Waugh that rebounded on him.
James Ormond (an average County seam bowler) came out to bat in an Ashes Test match. Mark Waugh said ’Look who it is. Mate, what are you doing out here? There's no way you're good enough to play for England.’
Ormond instantly replied, ’Maybe not, but at least I'm the best player in my family.’ :laugh::laugh:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Apparently he was on a 14 day ‘liquid diet’ and after finishing it had some toast and Vegemite just before his demise. He had also ordered a couple of Thai masseuses and a suit to his villa.

Last edited:
Top Bottom