1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shearer and Chiles cycle route??

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Paulus, 11 Mar 2008.

1. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

Most of us know that they are cycling from Newcastle to London via Westbrom for sport relief, but, I can't find any link to the actual route they are taking. Maybe they don't want a lot of forumers tagging on for a few miles but it would be worth giving them some encouragment. Is there a link to the route?

2. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Not in great detail, but you can get an idea of it here:
    http://sport.guardian.co.uk/cycling/osm/story/0,,2260264,00.html
    In fact, it's crap! West Bromwich... London... yeah, great!
    There's somewhere on sport relief site where you can track their progress, but not till they've set off.

3. girofan

girofan New Member

Possibly using the East Coast Main Line? :biggrin:

4. Paulus

Paulus Getting older by the minute

5. sheddy

sheddy Veteran

6. 02GF74

02GF74 Über Member

It is a ll a con, they are using a bus and stopping of at various points to pose.

7. Maz

Maz Guru

mr.chiles looks like a young benny hill, dont you think?

8. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

He looks like a fat version of one of my friends...

9. wafflycat

wafflycat New Member

Mr Chiles has actually lost a lot of weight. He's a regular cyclist as can be seen from his legs at

http://www.sportrelief.com/supercycle/about

It's the hype that gets me...

"All the experts have told Alan and Adrian that they're crazy to even attempt such a challenge."

Obviously they haven't heard about many an audax rider... PBP.. LEL.. or E2E record of 44 hours, 4 minutes and 20 seconds, set by Gethin Butler in 2001 ( a bit faster on 'bent by Andy Wilkinson).

At least Mr Chiles appears to have been putting in the miles training for this, unlike a certain footballer accompanying him.

I hope they do it, but I have a feeling that Shearer is going to suffer a bit more than Chiles