shed security

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spennie

Veteran
Can anyone suggest ways of securing my trike in a wooden shed with a wooden floor, the best solution I've come up with is mould a large concrete block and drill a chain anchor to it. Has anyone got any better suggestions?

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
http://securityforbikes.com/shed-shackle.php might be an idea for shed re-inforcement.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I cut a hole in the floor and secured the ground anchor directly into the concrete floor so thye can even get at the bolts to undo them as they cant get a spanner onto them, motor bike chains +padlock and i have double skinned the shed by putting plywood on the inside walls.
padlock protector door clasp so they cant get a cutter onto the padlock backed up by a standard lock , yes i know they can cut through the walls but the hope is they will make a lot of noise doing so under the eye of security camera facing it .

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
I cut a hole in the floor and secured the ground anchor directly into the concrete floor so thye can even get at the bolts to undo them as they cant get a spanner onto them, motor bike chains +padlock and i have double skinned the shed by putting plywood on the inside walls.
padlock protector door clasp so they cant get a cutter onto the padlock backed up by a standard lock , yes i know they can cut through the walls but the hope is they will make a lot of noise doing so under the eye of security camera facing it .

Should have put the trampoline in there, CK :biggrin:

classic33

Leg End Member
First step is to invest in decent insurance.
You've to bring your security upto the insurers requirements before you're covered though.

Replace any screws used on the door with bolts. Using a steel plate on the inside, instead of washers. Then from the inside, apply a second nut as a locknut to each nut and bolt used. Even if they manage to get the bolt turning, the locknut will prevent it being undone.

If somebody wants it bad enough it will be GONE :evil:
delaying the act is the only way of prevention by making it difficult for them and time consuming and hope they are spotted trying to get it also a tracker fitted might help you find it .

regards emma

Top Bottom