Sheffield cyclist told 'I can't stop it'd upset the children'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Hit and Run in Sheffield on Friday 6th March, 17 year old put in hospital but looks to be OK. Warning, this article includes a picture of his injuries.

His mother has released the pictures because the man driving the car stopped, a woman got out, told him that they couldn't stop because the kids were late for school and seeing the blood would upset them, and then left him in the road, driving off without leaving details or checking his actual condition.

You couldn't make it up. Here's hoping they find CCTV or witnesses to track down the silver Ford involved.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have just shared this on my FB page. It was posted up by Cycle Recycle.

I hope that the kids, who were in the back of the car, will chatter at school. You know how kids do. "guess what, my Dad hit a bicycle this morning on the way to school, we were nearly late" sort of thing. Being in any sort of accident is far to exciting for the kids not to chatter, even if told not to by parents. That will go around the school like wildfire, I reckon. A teacher will have heard by now, especially if they see the newspaper.

Hyslop

Veteran
I have just shared this on my FB page. It was posted up by Cycle Recycle.

I hope that the kids, who were in the back of the car, will chatter at school. You know how kids do. "guess what, my Dad hit a bicycle this morning on the way to school, we were nearly late" sort of thing. Being in any sort of accident is far to exciting for the kids not to chatter, even if told not to by parents. That will go around the school like wildfire, I reckon. A teacher will have heard by now, especially if they see the newspaper.
I sincerely hope youre right.Poor lad,aside from his injuries,and the fright he must have got,what does it say about adult responsibility.What a ghastly woman,lets hope her children arent too traumatised in the event that Mummy figures prominently in the Sheffield Star.I spent a fair amount of the 80s gazing down on Crookes from the Arts Tower in the background,it was always a busy road,so one hopes there are cameras on the junction with Western Bank as I should imagine the Police Box has long gone.

Top Bottom