Sheffield Parkway A630/A57

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Like most thing in rotherham a tick the box exercise.

Yep; couldn't agree more!
wacko.gif

When I go to Sheffield from Wickersley, I always go down Bawtry Road (how many Bawtry Roads are there in South Yorkshire?), then down Wickersley Road and Broom Road into Rotherham Centre, then go along the Sheffield Road, past the ex-old-new-swimming-baths, Magna etc (aka 69/A1 route) to Meadowhall. Sometimes I prefer to go through Kimberworth (aka X78 route). Then to Sheffield I go either through Attercliffe or through Brightside depending on what I feel like. 

The best time I managed that in is about 45 minutes but I didn't quite go into Sheffield Centre and it was about 2am. That route may be a little long winded if you are going to work around rush hour, but I prefer it to going via Brinsworth. I went through Brinsworth a couple of times and hated it. Too hilly.

Basically my job at Meadowhall is crap (£6.82 p/h for a university graduate) so I want to apply for jobs in Sheffield where the better money is. There's no regular direct bus service to Sheff from Maltby and I figure I can probably ride it faster than being bounced around on a Powells bus for 90 minutes.

What do you do at Meadowhall?

I say they should bring the 287 bus back!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Yeah, late to the thread, I know.
Couple of years back I commuted regularly from Maltby to near the Ski Village. 150 miles per week, if I did all 5 days. I just bit the bullet and went via Whiston to Tinsley.
Coming back past the retail park at night, the traffic is thick and slow. I just made a 3rd lane and went down the middle. In winter, with a couple of big bright lights the drivers don't know what the hell you are and I've seen cars pull to the side to let me through like the parting of the red sea! :-)
I considered looking for tracks, but its a long enough commute by road.
Still in Maltby BTW, thinking about dragging the bike out....

Top Bottom