sherwood forest pine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dmb

Hi out there, I have read that the trail have been (or are being) improved. I have not been for 4 years, has it changed much since then??

bonj2

it's a bit shoot really
through no fault of the trailbuilders, but largely 'cos it's not got any form of altitude whatsoever.
they'd need to build a big hill to make it any good.
Although a bloke at my work rides through there as part of a longer trekking ride and they use it for XC races every now and then but proper mtbing you want the peaks, wales or dalby. Or any of them funny places in the cotswolds or whatever they call it.

BMR

Hey Bonj, sounds just what I am after I like a nice relaxing ride as I have just got back into biking after a 30 year break, I can cope with flat, fall off if I go up steep hills as I dont get enough speed, I am 52 after all, overweight and unfit so this sounds like heaven to me. Where is the start and is there a car park I can dump the Transit (not litrally) and get the MTB out.
Thanks.

bonj2

BMR said:
Hey Bonj, sounds just what I am after I like a nice relaxing ride as I have just got back into biking after a 30 year break, I can cope with flat, fall off if I go up steep hills as I dont get enough speed, I am 52 after all, overweight and unfit so this sounds like heaven to me. Where is the start and is there a car park I can dump the Transit (not litrally) and get the MTB out.
Thanks.

the only other thing to watch with it is navigation. You often get to crossroads and not know which way to go - it isn't that clearly signposted, although it isn't that big so you can't get THAT lost..

Top Bottom