Shimano 105 10 Speed 5700 11-28 Cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark st1

Plastic Manc
Will do mate.

p1tse

I wasn't aiming to bid. Was just making a statement of my intention to buy it if a deal with you fell through. And i would i paid the original requested price...

Wasn't aiming at anyone, but just wanted to clear up facts :smile:
Nice that my dibs was held though, great people here

p1tse

I'm led to believe
There should have been a spacer that fits between the cassette and the hub. It should have been on the reverse of the cassette?

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
There isn't a spacer ring which makes this unusable
As per my PM I've managed to find you a spacer in my spares box, (lucky I don't throw things away), and I'll pop it in the post tomorrow. It was not with it as my bike does not require the use of one, and it wasn't actually missed off, it wasn't actually advertised as having one as I'd forgotten all about it.

So for clarity, as the cassette was not advertised with a spacer, therefore the lack of one didn't make it 'unusable' as you say, it just meant that if I wasn't the amenable, hoarding kind of a guy I am you'd have had to source one, but any LBS worth it's salt should have loads of these from fittings that haven't required the use of the spacer.

FYI, for future reference, you could also have used your old as well.

If you ever lose one you can also BUY them singularly tool, so don't let an LBS fool you into a buying a cassette if you do.

Glad to have been of service on this occasion, ride safe :thumbsup:

p1tse

Thanks. As a newbie unsure but I was led to believe it came with one
But like you said some don't need it and if required should be with original wheel but its to be used on a spare / trainer wheel.

Cheers again and sorry for confusion
For sake a a couple of quid don't worry about sending one out

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Thanks. As a newbie unsure but I was led to believe it came with one.
All new ones do TBH :thumbsup:
For sake a a couple of quid don't worry about sending one out
Don't you worry about it, it's all in hand. The envelope is sat here waiting to go tomorrow. I should have remembered about it and either found it or expressly stated I didn't have it.

I'm a man of integrity, (generally speaking :laugh:), so it will be posted tomorrow Pal :thumbsup:

p1tse

I can see it being a genuine oversight and should have checked myself
But for the sake of a couple of quid for one and postage cost to you, really don't worry

I wasn't sure if I could get spares, spoke to a couple of bike shops one didn't have any and the other could supply a make shift non shimano one or another said order online

Really don't worry and let's leave it there :smile:

Top Bottom