Shimano 105 5600 components wanted

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
the 5600 rear mech will not take 28T max sprocket size. The Shimano website says 27T max and I use a 27T with mine and I agree that it's right on the limit (i.e. it doesn't run very smooth but is ok). Only the 5700 rear mech can handle 28T. Many of the 5700 components are not compatible with 5600 ones, or at least according to Shimano. That's why it seems odd to go for 5600 when they are already difficult to find. 5700 would make more sense, even if the components are no better.
Well my 2010 Roubaix comp came with 28-11 compact and cleared 5000 miles without any problem.. In fact the chain length was too short for 5700 rear mech so had to put a longer one on. Running 25-11 now.

Andrew_P

Def the brakes out of what's on offer
You got foto?
Tony as long as they are not for re-sale £18 delivered, they are perfect just changed them as the 5700 levers have a shorter travel. You will need some pads as the rears are worn out

I am thinking about changing my cranks as there is a lot of rub on the right crank, if you wanted the 105 crankset and the double shifters for £50 you would only need rear mech and might push me to switch over to Ultegra crankset.

Andrew_P

Tony as long as they are not for re-sale £18 delivered, they are perfect just changed them as the 5700 levers have a shorter travel. You will need some pads as the rears are worn out

I am thinking about changing my cranks as there is a lot of rub on the right crank, if you wanted the cranks and the double shifters for £75 you would only need rear mech and might push me to switch over to Ultegra crankset.
Would include the 105 Hollowtech II Botom Bracket as well as I would change this as well

Howard

the 'fault' is caused by rider error with the LH triple lever version - the double is much more user friendly (stronger) in that a mistaken shift to a larger chainring that doesn't exist, doesn't result in lever failure, whereas with the triple version used as a double, it does! If the rider doesn't attempt to do such a thing, then the triple version will not just break for no reason or during normal use. That is why, some people got through loads of them and other people had no trouble.

You could also set them up so that the first of the three shifts tensions the cable, then the second and third shifts actually move the derailure. The stop screws stop the final down shift from dumping the chain. At least, that's how I set my 5600 shifters up, and I didn't manage to trash them.

Tony - 'ang on - won't your Sora kit be 9 speed?

Andrew_P

Hi Loco,
Your response at 21.13 quoted the shifters and chainset at £50, then your own following list with a quote it had somehow changed to £75?
The other way round? went from £75 -> £50?

Anyway £50 for the Levers and Crankset and £18 for the brakes.

Top Bottom