Shimano 105 R7000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Getting back on topic, I've ordered one. I've been considering upgrading my Miche brakes to 105 branded ones for aesthetic reasons for a long time, so I'll fit those straight away. The chain and the cassette are consumables and I'll use them up soon enough. My chainset isn't going to last for ever either. The other bits are spares as insurance against the event that my 105 shifters/mechs die before I do. May be a close run thing.

upgrading my Miche brakes to 105 branded ones for aesthetic reasons

Good stoppers those 105's!

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Good stoppers those 105's!

To be perfectly honest I have no complaints about the Miche brakes I've been using for years. But I just fancied having the 105 logo on the brakes. Pure vanity, but if the new brakes are good ones - all the better :smile:

The problem with buying the rest of the stuff as an investment to be drawn on when the other components wear out, is that I'm quite likely to forget that I've done it!

Like others have said, at that price you'll get a fair chunk of your money back if you only need bits of the full groupo. Wish i could make use of one!

Gunk

Guru
Getting back on topic, I've ordered one. I've been considering upgrading my Miche brakes to 105 branded ones for aesthetic reasons for a long time, so I'll fit those straight away. The chain and the cassette are consumables and I'll use them up soon enough. My chainset isn't going to last for ever either. The other bits are spares as insurance against the event that my 105 shifters/mechs die before I do. May be a close run thing.

Give me a shout, I’m breaking a set up!

OP
OP
P

paxterg

Veteran
now up to 340, buggers!

Top Bottom