Shimano 105 R7000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
299 in wiggle for complete groupset, 170, 34/50. Not bad at all!

Bought one. It was £280 at Christmas.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
As potentially the last mechanical groupset at this level this is indeed tempting.. I wonder if this flurry of reduced priced 105 groupsets is because of:

a) Shimano clearing stocks of an outgoing line to make room for its replacement
b) Shimano shifting excess stock since nobody's buying owt and there's over supply to the market

The cynic in me would say a, however given the supply situation with whole bikes and wider economic issues, I think / hope it might be b..

Last edited:

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Looks like there may be hope for fans of mech. 105 - sounds like 12-speed R7100 might be on the cards, according to Bikeradar and Road.cc which would be in-keeping with this flood of cheap groupsets.

Personally I'm in no hurry to "upgrade" to 12 speed, but would breathe a sigh of relief if 105 continued to have a mechanical variant as it seems fundamentally wrong to offer a supposedly mid-range / affordable offering in Di2 only..

Last edited:

Jameshow

Veteran
I saw it but its a 50/34 crankset these not enough hills for that sort of gearing, I'd lose that top end on the flat

You could sell the chainset for approx £100??

Buy one with 53/36???

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Last edited:

Gunk

Guru
It is cheap and I did look at the viability this morning of buying a couple, splitting them up and reselling on eBay. Realistic total return is about £430, once you have paid ebay fees I’m not sure the effort is really worth the return.

Top Bottom