Shimano 105

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lutonloony

Über Member
i know the bottom 3 sprockets are riveted as a one piece, my question is whether you. can you buy single sprockets" or should I just stop being a gumbo and buy new cassette (£30 ish)

lpretro1

You answered it..

Custom24

Über Member
The bottom three sprockets are riveted as one piece? I think you mean the opposite. The smallest three sprockets are not riveted to the rest, and you can replace them individually if you can find a suitable replacement sprocket

Ebay has worked for me in the past to find individual sprockets. Search for example 11t sprocket and order by price including postage

Edited. Sorry above advice and eBay idea only applies to 7/8 speed stuff

Last edited:
OP
OP
lutonloony

lutonloony

Über Member
The bottom three sprockets are riveted as one piece? I think you mean the opposite. The smallest three sprockets are not riveted to the rest, and you can replace them individually if you can find a suitable replacement sprocket

Ebay has worked for me in the past to find individual sprockets. Search for example 11t sprocket and order by price including postage
Meant bottom gears as in lowest

Custom24

Über Member
Meant bottom gears as in lowest
Yeah sorry ignore my previous. I was thinking of 8 speed. Looking at shimano tech docs you are right. Plus the spare sprockets I can find on eBay are for 7/8 speed

Top Bottom