Shimano electric gears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr Mag00

rising member
We might all wonder why these have been developed. 'just beacuse we can....' comes to mind. working on electrical impulses and servomotors.

The principle of an electronically controlled drive train is to execute perfect shifts every time, thus "reducing mental overhead," in the words of Shimano marketing manager Devin Walton. This is a resource cyclists find in short supply during epic rides. It is lighter than any previous dura ace offering.

You do have to ask what happens when it really comes to crunch, say a World Championship TT, well i think perhaps we should ask Bradley wiggins of team SKY GB 'F****G S**T what a bunch of steaming B******S..... the rest has been cut to save our blushes.

the reliabilty of cable still seems to be the better bet.

this has been attempted before by Mavic nonetheless in 1994, have we really moved on technically that is now an advantage. The batteries will travel approx 600 miles between recharging. The waterproofness of the system has been tested at a coin-op pressure carwash.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Has it balls'ed up then ?

gavintc

Guru
There is a certain amount of predicting the outcome of the investigation here. Mechanicals happen, let us wait till we get some decent comment from the team and Wiggins before castigating electronic shifting.

mr-marty-martin

latest news: wiggo ruins his own time trial hope's beacuse he tried to save weght y not charging the battieris up fully :smile:

but anyways, i would of though it would of been big ring all the way

gavintc

Guru
mr Mag00 said:
oops this was meant to be a spoof review:blush:

But, a little too close to the knuckle.:smile: I think, if found to be true, it could have a detrimental affect on the uptake (sales) of Di2.

Will1985

Über Member
mr-marty-martin said:
latest news: wiggo ruins his own time trial hope's beacuse he tried to save weght y not charging the battieris up fully :smile:
You must have had a brilliant physics teacher :wahhey:

Surely a dropped chain on a wire cable setup would have had exactly the same effect on the rubbing brake caliper?

Top Bottom