shimano free hub replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iLB

Hello there
I cracked part of a freehub a while back and now I need to find out which replacement freehub will fit the wheel, the wheel is a shimano RS10. How can I tell what is needed?

Not 100% but pretty certain it will be this type
HU7035.jpg

I can't instantly drop on a Shimano one online as they don't seem to show the pawl set up, but this would be an equivalent, http://www.wiggle.co.uk/easton-r4-f...ontent=Easton-Easton_R4_Freehub_Cassette_Body

Whip it off and have a look, it's a lot easier than you might think :thumbsup:

I recently stripped the Shimano compatible one on my Mavic wheels and it was the same as I linked to above.

If you plan to order online then you will need to strip it to be sure you get the right one.

Or just give it to your LBS, ask them to fettle it and chill out and relax while they sort it for you :thumbsup:

OP
OP
iLB

iLB

Hello there
I can't really afford to get someone else to do the wrenching, if I take it off will there be a part number?

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
ILB, afaik, I broke a spoke on an RS10 of mine a few years ago. I've been meaning to re-build it, but I just know I wont get around to it.

Ill check later tonight, if it was the RS10, as could have been an R500. But, if so, I can dismantle the wheel (as am sure they said the rim was flat-spotted) and send you the whole hub, if its any good to you?

All I ask is next time, you dont pour salt in my beer.... :boxing:

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I can't really afford to get someone else to do the wrenching, if I take it off will there be a part number?
The one I linked to in my previous post was the correct model.

Best to get the one that says it's for your wheel.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I recently stripped the Shimano compatible one on my Mavic wheels and it was the same as I linked to above.
Yebbut that's irrelevant.
Freehubs are specific to the manufacturer (Mavic in your case) and are not generally interchangeable.

"Shimano compatible" just means the spline pattern and that you can use Shimano cassettes on it.

Top Bottom