Shimano Gear Cable Change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Skipper

Can anyone help with changing the gear cable on a set of 24 speed Shimano gears. They are 8x3 with brake lever included. Very much like the ones in the picture, but I haven't fathomed a way of getting in to change the cable. I have read to unscrew the two screws on the top, but don't really want to do this in case it all falls apart and I'm left with no gears at all! What's the best way of changing the cable? Do I need special tools, or take care in case bits shoot or spring out? Need to do it before winter sets in.

Attachments

• gear-lever-pods-shimano-acera-stef60-svr.jpg
    gear-lever-pods-shimano-acera-stef60-svr.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 246

subaqua

What’s the point
http://techdocs.shimano.com/media/t...SI-6U9RA-001-00-Eng_v1_m56577569830745532.pdf

read the SIS adjustment bit for the EF65 lever. as long as the mech stays uporight you will be fine . I did some horrible SISictio nshifters on wifes bike a few weeks ago and like a muppet took the thing off the bars turned it over and it all went pear shaped.

if you want the exact instructions go to shimanio tech docs and type the part number from the underside of the lever and it will take you to it

Top Bottom