Shimano Left Crank Arm compatibility

Discussion in 'Bicycle Mechanics and Repairs' started by ItFellOnDeafEars, 8 Feb 2018.

1. ItFellOnDeafEars

ItFellOnDeafEars Regular

Hi

First time poster here! :-)

I shot the threads on my cranks when removing an incredibly stubborn pedal last night. (lesson learnt - never ever install pedals without grease/lube and then forget about it until 5 years later!)

So I am now shopping for a second hand left arm crank in size 172.5mm.

I obviously need to make sure the replacement arm is 172.5mm but wonder about compatibility. My current crankset is Shimano 105 5750. Is it a matter of any Shimano crank will be good or do I have to restrict my shopping to 105 crank arms only?

2. DCLane

DCLane Found in the Yorkshire hills ...

Any Hollowtech 2 crank will do - and there's usually quite a lot on eBay as LH ones are swapped for cranks with power meters. From memory I've got a new Ultegra 6800 one in that size in my shed!

3. OP
    OP
    ItFellOnDeafEars

ItFellOnDeafEars Regular

Cracking stuff. I'll have a look at ebay in a wee while! I'm hoping to pick one up on the cheap and not being restricted to only 105 certainly helps so thanks for that.

I would also post in the classified sub form looking for one but as I am only new to this site, unfortunately I don't have sufficient privileges to start a thread in there yet. If I can be choosy, I'd be looking for a black one but depending on whats available on the 2nd hand market, I could be flexible in that regard.

4. OP
    OP
    ItFellOnDeafEars

ItFellOnDeafEars Regular

On a totally unrelated note - I just noticed your signature - pretty nifty! What app do you use to calculate the savings of fuel & parking?? I like it!

5. OP
    OP
    ItFellOnDeafEars

ItFellOnDeafEars Regular

Update: No longer looking for a crank arm - got sorted with one earlier today.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice