Shimano Left Crank Arm compatibility

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ItFellOnDeafEars

Hi

First time poster here! :-)

I shot the threads on my cranks when removing an incredibly stubborn pedal last night. (lesson learnt - never ever install pedals without grease/lube and then forget about it until 5 years later!)

So I am now shopping for a second hand left arm crank in size 172.5mm.

I obviously need to make sure the replacement arm is 172.5mm but wonder about compatibility. My current crankset is Shimano 105 5750. Is it a matter of any Shimano crank will be good or do I have to restrict my shopping to 105 crank arms only?

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Any Hollowtech 2 crank will do - and there's usually quite a lot on eBay as LH ones are swapped for cranks with power meters. From memory I've got a new Ultegra 6800 one in that size in my shed!

OP
OP
ItFellOnDeafEars

ItFellOnDeafEars

Cracking stuff. I'll have a look at ebay in a wee while! I'm hoping to pick one up on the cheap and not being restricted to only 105 certainly helps so thanks for that.

I would also post in the classified sub form looking for one but as I am only new to this site, unfortunately I don't have sufficient privileges to start a thread in there yet. If I can be choosy, I'd be looking for a black one but depending on whats available on the 2nd hand market, I could be flexible in that regard.

OP
OP
ItFellOnDeafEars

ItFellOnDeafEars

On a totally unrelated note - I just noticed your signature - pretty nifty! What app do you use to calculate the savings of fuel & parking?? I like it!

Top Bottom