Shimano Pedals from Wiggle - cleats incl?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monnet

Guru
Ok, I need some new pedals - either Shimano 5610's or 6620's - but my question is do Wiggle sell them with or without cleats? I know that pedals usually come with cleats but then some places (Parker, for example) are selling them without, but Wiggle don't say if they're included or not.

Also has anyone used www.cyclexpress.co.uk ? Are they any good? They seem to do a good price on what I want but I've never heard of them (same applies as to whether cleats are included or not).

Cheers

john59

Guru
monnet said:
Ok, I need some new pedals - either Shimano 5610's or 6620's - but my question is do Wiggle sell them with or without cleats? I know that pedals usually come with cleats but then some places (Parker, for example) are selling them without, but Wiggle don't say if they're included or not.

Also has anyone used www.cyclexpress.co.uk ? Are they any good? They seem to do a good price on what I want but I've never heard of them (same applies as to whether cleats are included or not).

Cheers

Any pedals, MTB SPD’s, I’ve purchased have not come with cleats. They were sold separately.

As for ‘Cyclexpress’, I’ve used them on a few occasions with no problems.

John

monnet said:

Cheers
I bought my SPD-SL pedals in a lbs, I think they came with cleats. Every other time I've bought pedals they came with cleats, I've only once bought pedals online however.
Email them they are usually good at answering questions that may get them a sale.

simonali

Guru
john59 said:
Any pedals, MTB SPD’s, I’ve purchased have not come with cleats. They were sold separately.

Dunno where you buy your pedals, but I've never bought a pair that didn't have cleats in the box.

mondobongo

Über Member
Cleats have always come with any pedals that I have bought. Cycle Xpress are fine prices are normally good delivery prompt.

OP
OP
M

monnet

Guru
Thanks alot chaps, It looks like they're cleat inclusive then. I'll drop them an email to double check. Given the advice from you guys I erckon I'll go with cyclexpress as they are cheaper.

Cheers again. Now all I want is for this weather to improve so I can ride my bike without getting soaked every time I go out.

domtyler

Über Member
All pedals come with the cleats included. How else would they expect you to use them?

john59

Guru
domtyler said:
All pedals come with the cleats included. How else would they expect you to use them?

With the cleats already on your cycle shoes!

I've just looked at a set of pedals I ordered a while back, my first in years as SPD pedals go on for years, and you are all quite right they did come with cleats:blush:.

John

OP
OP
M

monnet

Guru
domtyler said:

As a rule. But what the manufacturers do and what the retailers do are not always consistent. As I said originally, Parker are offering a special deal on their 5610 and 6620 pedals but flag them up as ''excluding cleats'' I also know that Ribble (scumbags that they are) get look 5.1 pedals in stock boxed, then take the cleats out and sell them seperately. Which is what caused my inital confusion.

Tynan

Veteran
all of a tenner cleats aren't they, not saying either way but I don;t see why pedals should come with cleats, you might want only pedals

doyler78

My m324 came with cleats when I bought them from Wiggle. I got cleats with my bike as well however they never fitted any of my spd pedals even though they are marked as SH-51 so you never can tell.

Top Bottom