Shimano R501 wheels - what size spoke wrench?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e-rider

crappy member
I've searched the web and can't find anything that tells me the size spoke key that I need. According to my own measurements it's in the region of 3.4 mm

Does anyone know exactly what size it is and if there is a Shimano wrench available to buy?

Cheers

U

User33236

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
measure with vernier guage then buy the right size from park tools. those multi size ones are a pain in the arse to use.
I don't have a vernier gauge to measure it with. I'm not sure Park make one in this size. They do make a nice looking adjustable wrench but it's £40!

U

User33236

how do you know it includes the Shimano size? I've got 4 different spoke keys at home already and none fit these shimano wheels!

Ok, you never made it clear in your OP you had already tried 4 other spoke keys. If you reckon 3.4 then this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/2010...ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95&ff19=0

measure with vernier guage then buy the right size from park tools. those multi size ones are a pain in the arse to use.

I've been fortunate to date that two sizes on my multi tool have fitted the half dozen bikes I have tried them on however my neighbour swears by his multi size tool. Never used one personally.

OP
OP
e-rider

e-rider

crappy member
well, it appears to be somewhere between 3.35 and 3.40mm and surprisingly as far as I can see no spoke wrench is made specifically for this size. 3.30 is too small and 3.45 is slightly too large! Cheaply made 3.30 seem to fit well!!!

Top Bottom