Shimano RD-TY21B Jockey Wheel Orientation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SteveD83

Hi all, I am hoping some kind soul out there is able to help me, I purchased a used bike recently and the drive train was in a terrible state so in order to improve thins a bit I have removed the rear derailleur and disassembled it in order to give it a proper clean and re-grease however I had no clue that the jokey wheels would be different nor that they could have different orientation, so I wonder if anyone can guide me to get this back together correctly my Jockey wheels are marked "E" and "J"

Best Wishes
Steve

iluvmybike

Über Member
Shimano jockey wheels usually have a small arrow moulded in which gives rotation direction, and the top pulley usually has "G. Pulley" moulded in somewhere

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
The top one will have an extra pressed-in bush and some sideways movement when fitted. There are many different designs, from sealed bearing ones (Dura-Ace) to ceramic ones and some that don't look special at all. Most older ones are labelled Centeron G-Pulley but this has become less common.

OP
OP
S

SteveD83

Thank you for your kind replies unfortunately there are no arrows stamped into the wheels nor the letter G as far as I can see, they are from a tourney sis system if that helps, if I can I'll try to post some photos tomorrow, really appreciate your help so far,

Steve

Top Bottom