Shimano road disc brake caliper pad retainer bolt - hex-head replacements for cack slotted cheese head original..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I think it probably depends on the bike's use - I've had zero issues with mine, however it's barely ever been out in the rain and gets stored indoors.

Conversely if it regularly gets saturated in gritty water I'd wager you're going to see abrasion and subsequent corrosion pretty quickly.

You may have a point there.

I'm a fair weather rider so maybe that's why my screws are not corroded in place.

Nonetheless, this thread has raised my awareness of the potential issue and I will keep an eye on them.

OP
OP
wafter

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
You may have a point there.

I'm a fair weather rider so maybe that's why my screws are not corroded in place.

Nonetheless, this thread has raised my awareness of the potential issue and I will keep an eye on them.

Indeed - seems like a pig of a job when it does go wrong so certainly best avoided!

cheys03

Veteran
Makes sense though Regular.Cyclist and I sound like we have similar use cases - my bike is (more was) used for commuting in all weathers and seasons except ice. Maybe I haven’t been cleaning it enough though, chain regularly but the whole bike only once a month.

Top Bottom