Shimano RS010 or WHR501 wheels ?

Which wheelset for 10 mile commutes in good weather and 100km leisure/audax type rides ?

• RS010

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • WH-R501

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Alternative at about £75 or less

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
It means they take a glue on tyre!useless to most people as the tyres cost as much as the wheels!CLINCHER is the word to look for....means normal tyre and tube type.
You learn something everyday, was wondering what the difference between the two sets of 501's was, couldn't find anything out when doing a quick search, just that the more expensive ones were 30mm deep profile.

jack smith

Veteran
The r501's are all clincher the 30mm ones are abit better in my opinion they look nicer and are abit stiffer, weather you'll get any aero advantage is debatable though

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Those are for tubs though.

it's the K30 from merlin you should be looking at http://www.merlincycles.com/carbotech-k30-wheelset-61299.html

The r501's are all clincher the 30mm ones are abit better in my opinion they look nicer and are abit stiffer, weather you'll get any aero advantage is debatable though

Sorry, I get it now! The link I posted about the merlin wheels was for the wrong wheels - for tubeless tyres and all 501's are clinchers and the more expensive ones are 30mm rim. Sorry me getting confused.com. Thanks for correcting me:wacko:

goody

Veteran
No. I was in the market for a new set of wheels for my commuter the last ones were R500. I was going to order the Carbotechs but with postage they come to £80 so went for the Shimano's from Ribble £64 free delivery. Plus I've got supply of spare spokes from the old wheels. I think the Carbotech are slightly lighter but I'm using Marathon Plus tyres on that bike so not too worried about any performance differences.

Diggs

Veteran
+1 For checking Ribble, they have 10 percent off at the moment (code DISC10 but it's on the homepage )
That means their cheapest R501s (retailing at 68.07) will set you back just over £60

Top Bottom