Shimano RS11 v RS21

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mile195

Veteran
So I've been running some RS10's for the last three years. They've done 12k miles and I've only had to true the front one once.

However they're now at the stage where they're in dyer need of replacement- the free hub sounds like there's a swarm of wasps trapped inside and the rims are so concave you could go bob-sledding in them.

What I want to know is, is it worth paying £50 extra for RS21's, or just go for RS11's at £170.

Anyone know if there's any significant difference in weight or durability, or is it simply styling?

Thanks all in advance...

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

e-rider

crappy member
So I've been running some RS10's for the last three years. They've done 12k miles and I've only had to true the front one once.

However they're now at the stage where they're in dyer need of replacement- the free hub sounds like there's a swarm of wasps trapped inside and the rims are so concave you could go bob-sledding in them.

What I want to know is, is it worth paying £50 extra for RS21's, or just go for RS11's at £170.

Anyone know if there's any significant difference in weight or durability, or is it simply styling?

Thanks all in advance...
RS11s for £170? Not sure where you shop but I'd change to another shop if I were you! I've seen RS30s for £120 a pair.

OP
OP
Mile195

Mile195

Veteran
Evans Cycles - I know they're not the cheapest, but I didn't think the disparity in prices was quite that large. Note to self - must shop around more in future.

Top Bottom