Shimano RS700 wheelset dent/crease

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pb63

Veteran
Hope you’re well in these strange times….

Wondered if I could get your expert opinions on a new set of wheels I’ve won recently on e bay. They are shimano ultegra rs700 c30 clincher and there is a small dent in the side. I've attached a picture with this below. Not sure, but it looks like it could be part of the join...

The wheels are brand new but I am concerned due to the wheel being of both aluminium and carbon fibre construction. They are from Wiggle returns dept. so effectively a slightly spoiled item. They describe them as cosmetic damage only...and never used.

Thoughts? I managed to secure them for quite a good price (less than half price!) and they seem to get good reviews, but I was just a wee bit concerned from the construction of these if they would be ok? I plan to drop by my LBS when they arrive just to get them checked over regardless, but in the meantime would love to hear thoughts,

Thanks all
wheel.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Looks like where the carbon is joined - might be why the low price - I don't think the carbon is structural unlike a full carbon wheel. So long as it can't be depressed more than other parts, then it should be fine.

OP
OP
P

pb63

Veteran
Thanks very much. Hope so. I know that these wheel are effectively laminated so the main wheel structure is the aluminium? I guess I'll know when they get here...

No QR skewers are provided so assuming my existing ones which are on my giant pr2s should fit ok...

Very excited to break my wheel upgrade cherry 😁

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nice wheels -

I've some old HED Jet deep section carbon/alloy and the carbon is just a faring effectively - not structural one bit as you can squish it !

Top Bottom