Shimano SLX m675 shadow+ 10 speed rear mech broken - tips on repairs or replacement?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gustav123

Good evening dear forum participants,

I have a Giant Reign 1 from 2013 with a Shimano SLX m675 shadow+ 10 speed rear mech.

Today as my wife took it for a spin, a sprint fell out and we can't find it again (see attached pictures).

I tried to find the piece online, but no luck. Is this due to COVID-19 confinement and poor deliveries from Japan, or should I expect this piece to be permanently out of stock?

Any tips on how to repair it, or what more recent rear mech would work as a replacement?

Thanks,

Gustav

Attachments

• Rear mech broken.jpg
    Rear mech broken.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 18

Ajax Bay

Guru
a sprint fell out
??
:welcome:

OP
OP
G

Gustav123

Awesome, thanks for your reply. I thought as much. I haven't been able to source that model anywhere on the Internet; all providers appear to be out of stock. What would be a good replacement model of the Shimano SLX m675 shadow+ 10sp derailleur/rear mech? Thanks, Gustav

iluvmybike

Über Member
Any Shimano 10spd mtb mech will fit - the shadow bit just means that it sits more tucked into the frame than the normal ones. You'll need a long cage version if you have a cassette with a big tooth count

OP
OP
G

Gustav123

Top Bottom