Shimano to SRAM

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Hi, am stuck, but I have looked everywhere, so hopefully some hands on knowledge will help..

Am going to slowly upgrade my Dura-ace/105 parts to SRAM red, starting hopefully first with the crankset, but, and this is where I am stuck, is the bottom bracket area.

I am currently using a Shimano hollow tech 2 BB. The SRAM BB looks the same, but at £100 I cant afford that too and I cant see anywhere to confirm compatability.. In fact, looking at some other high end ceramic BB's, I cant see any compatabilty mentioned there too...

Will a SRAM red crankset work in the above BB or say a Pro-lite Milano, Hope, Token ceramic types which I will upgrade to shortly?

Thanks!

GrasB

Veteran
I don't think they're compatible however my SRAM Red crankset came with a BB so it may well be worth asking the store.

OP
OP
Davywalnuts

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Thanks, I got a feeling they arent compatable too.. with a new KMC chain and keo carbon pedals also needing to be brought with it, the bb could push me over.. were see and ill update.

Ill speak to a mechanic too, see what they say.

Thanks!

iLB

Hello there
just so you know davey you'll save alot of cash if you buy the whole lot together from somewhere like merlin cycles, rather than getting the group piece by piece...

Top Bottom