Shimano Ultegra BR-CX70, front & rear - different?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

curzons246

Veteran
Not that I recall Peter. Why do you ask.

OP
OP
Peter Salt

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Not that I recall Peter. Why do you ask.
Highly likely to buy a TCX frame on the weekend and fit it out with 6800 Ultegra that I have lying around. Only issue is the groupset I have comes with road rim brakes and the frame will require cantilever.

Was thinking of these to complete the hypothetical (but highly probable) build. They would fit really nicely, aesthetically and functionally. I can see they're really, really rare though. Found only one business selling a pair but they say it's 2x rear. So considering buying that and fitting front and rear. Haven't found any obvious differences on any photos but I have no experience of CX frames or cantilever brakes.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
there are no differences on the very very similar CR BX-50, just checked my wiggle purchase history from when I did up the OH's CX frame

1656521679086.png

...so the CX70 will also be same unit front and rear. the 50's are in stock at wiggle but you probably already know that. are they are marginally different shade of grey?

My tip for setting up canti's other than the obvious, if you get any fork judder use an up hanger at the front rather than a steerer mount.

OP
OP
Peter Salt

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
there are no differences on the very very similar CR BX-50, just checked my wiggle purchase history from when I did up the OH's CX frame

View attachment 650893

...so the CX70 will also be same unit front and rear. the 50's are in stock at wiggle but you probably already know that. are they are marginally different shade of grey?

My tip for setting up canti's other than the obvious, if you get any fork judder use an up hanger at the front rather than a steerer mount.
Thank you, that's really helpful.

Yes, the 50's are my 'Plan B'.

Top Bottom