Shimano Ultegra disc pads.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Webbo2

Veteran
Does any one know what disc pads I need for my Ultegra R8100 brakes.
When I google it I seem to get lots of after market ones, are these better?
 

Kbrook

Guru
There’s various pads you can get depending whether you want resin of sintered , and also whether you want finned or not. Personally I don’t find any difference between finned or not. These will fit
https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Sh...kMRLt_6DLajPZYGEWPdEJ-6cHn-6hW-BoCczoQAvD_BwE

or
https://www.tredz.co.uk/.Shimano-K0..._r49IeF9UcDFMz46IlF4t2LhEkoaOEwRoCTx0QAvD_BwE

be careful of not getting the earlier Ultegra pads which were wider and won’t fit.
 

Kbrook

Guru
Also I’ve tried after market pads, they work but I don’t think they last as long and are not that much cheaper, and in some cases more expensive
 

Binky

Veteran
Does any one know what disc pads I need for my Ultegra R8100 brakes.
When I google it I seem to get lots of after market ones, are these better?

What pads are in there now? Should be markings to say what they are.
 

Binky

Veteran
The ones that came with the bike. I’ve never taken them out.

Right well my advice would be remove a pad and have a look, it's easy enough to do. Then you can check what came with bike if it's original and go from there.
You say above you've already ordered some so might be a bit late but might be worth doing. If you've ordered from likes of Tredz you can enter what bike it is and they'll say if compatible. There's probably dozens of pads compatible with Shimano Ultegra. As it happens I'll be interested to see how you get on as bike I've ordered comes with exact same brakes.
 
OP
OP
W

Webbo2

Veteran
Right well my advice would be remove a pad and have a look, it's easy enough to do. Then you can check what came with bike if it's original and go from there.
You say above you've already ordered some so might be a bit late but might be worth doing.

I checked what the calipers are BR-R8170 and in the link that KBrook kindly provided to Sigma someone asked in the FQ if they were compatible and they are according to them.
 

Binky

Veteran
I checked what the calipers are BR-R8170 and in the link that KBrook kindly provided to Sigma someone asked in the FQ if they were compatible and they are according to them.

A quick Google finds this if it helps:

https://productinfo.shimano.com/zh-CN/product/BR-R8170
 
OP
OP
W

Webbo2

Veteran
No I get this.

51996D8F-5D9C-40EA-AA53-FAF048497EF4.png
 

Binky

Veteran
product

BR-R8170 (Front)
BR-R8170 (Front)

BR-R8170 (Front)

BR-R8170 (Front)

BR-R8170 (Rear)

BR-R8170 (Rear)

BR-R8170 (Rear)

Previous slideNext slide
SeriesULTEGRA
Model no.BR-R8170
Color1Series color
2-
3-
Brake typeHydraulic disc brake
Brake hose (kit)SM-BH90-JK-SSR
Hose jointStraight
Brake hose color (kit)1Black
2-
J-Kit spec (for OEM)✔
ICE TECHNOLOGIES pad compatible caliper✔
PadStandard 1K05S-RX Resin (w/o fin)
Standard 2L05A-RF Resin (w/ fin)
Option 1L04C-MF Metal (w/ fin)
Option 2-
Fixing screw spec for rear mount10 mm mount✔
15 mm mount✔
20 mm mount✔
25 mm mount✔
30 mm mount✔
35 mm mount✔
15.2 mm-
18.7 mm-
Recommended brake leverST-R8170
Recommended disc brake rotorw/ metal and resin padRT-MT800, RT-CL800
w/ resin pad-
OilSHIMANO Mineral
ONE WAY BLEEDING✔
Mount typeFlat mount
Piston2
Piston materialResin
CaliperMONO-BODY-
MaterialAluminum
FinishPainted
Caliper fixing screwMaterialSteel
Tool size4 mm
Anti loosen methodScrew fix pin+Snap ring
Pad mountPad axle
Average weight (g)123
Note
BICYCLE/企业信息
© SHIMANO INC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
 
Top Bottom